Lil Armstrong - 2 songs added - I need recording dates and recording location

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2006
      I just added these two Lil Armstrong songs to the site but I don't know
      when and where they were recorded.

      East Town Boogie
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/songs/lil/easttownboogie-eastwood.ram
      Walking On Air
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/songs/lil/walkingonair-eastwood.ram

      They are on "An Eastwood Recording" labeled 101 and 102 on each side.
      There is a visible matrix number of 1181 on East Town Boogie and 1180 on
      Walking On Air. I'm guessing that they are from the 1940s. Does anyone
      know anything about them. Did Lil release any other solo recordings?

      Lil sure lays down some damn fine Boogie Woogie on the first song.
      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com
    • Chris Tyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
        Tom Lord's The Jazz Discography lists these as being done in 1947 in
        Chicago (no day or month listed). There's another disc, Eastwood
        1182-1183, Little Daddy Blues and Rock It.

        Cheers,
        Chris Tyle

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
          Thanks Chris! I've added the info to http://www.redhotjazz.com/lil.html