Re: A Few Good Web Sites For Vintage Jazz

  • jkau779989@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      Besides _www.RedHotJazz.com_ (http://www.RedHotJazz.com) , there are several
      streaming audio sites worth knowing about. A few of them are;

      _http://www.wamu.org/programs/bb/_ (http://www.wamu.org/programs/bb/) Wmau
      88.5 FM American University Radio. Home of The Big Broadcast which is a three
      hour program of vintage jazz hosted by Rich Conaty. They have a large archive
      of past shows.

      _http://www.wfuv.org/_ (http://www.wfuv.org/) WFUV Fordham University
      David Garrick's Jazz Age a very good two hour series of programs focusing on
      a vntage jazz or popular music artist of the 20's, 30's and 40's. A fairly
      large archive is available.To go right to the show;
      _http://www.dgarrick.com/jazzage/jimbaldwin/jimbaldwin.php_
      (http://www.dgarrick.com/jazzage/jimbaldwin/jimbaldwin.php)

      Last but certainly not least, here is a satellite stationdevoted to the
      music of Bix Beiderbecke.
      _http://bixography.com/wbix.html_ (http://bixography.com/wbix.html)

      Enjoy!

      Jp

    • Ron L'Herault
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        A slight correction is needed.

        WAMU.org has a show called Big Broadcast that rebroadcasts old time radio
        shows. However it does have a great music program, on as I type this,
        called Hot Jazz Saturday Night, from 7 to 10 PM Eastern (USA) time.

        WFUV's Rich Conaty has a show called the Big Broadcast. It is on Sunday
        nights from 12 to midnight, also Eastern time.

        Ron L

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Albert Haim
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2006
          JP,

          Thanks for the mention of the virtual radio station WBIX, a satellite
          site of the Bixography, http://bixbeiderbecke.com

          Two other radio programs of interest.

          Radio Dismuke http://www.dismuke.org/radio/

          Rapidly Rotating Records http://www.slackaction.com/