DOES ANYBODY KNOW THIS SONG?

  • pollebeti
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      ("I wonder, I wonder, I wonder ...")
      I have been reading a novel written 1930 by the Danish author Tom
      Kristensen. Danish title: Hærverk (Damage). The hero is obsessed with
      an American jazz tune. The song contains the words "I wonder, I
      wonder, I wonder..."
      That's all I know. I don't know if it's the title of the song or just
      part of the lyrics. The song is played on a gramophone and it becomes
      increasingly important to the main character. Has to do with his
      divorce.
      I have been told that a jazz tune "I wonder" was recorded 1927, but by
      who I don't know. If anybody happen to know who played it and where it
      might be obtainable, I'd appreciate it.
      The novel is interesting in a jazz context because the characters
      listen to popular jazz tunes without knowing very much about it. There
      are all sorts of prejudices about jazz, still the music gets to them.

      Sincerely,
      Erik Krogstad