Re: [RedHotJazz] Bolden impressions: was: under intel lectualising was over-intellectualizing

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      In 1986 Humphrey Lyttelton, the well-known British trumpeter assemble a band to record an impression of what Bolden might have sounded like. The liner notes by Humph's co-producer, Russell Davies - who might be a regular poster to the Bixography forum (Albert?) - are at times rather tongue in cheek - Humph doubles as a humourous presenter on the BBC. I believe there have also been US attempts to do a Bolden recreation, but I'm not sure that they have been made widely available.

      Best wishes,
      Michael Rader