Jimmie Noone With Kid Ory's Creole Orchestra - 2 Damn Fine Tunes Added

  • contijoch
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2004
      According with my discography, Mutt's Blues is from a broadcast in Los
      Angeles, 15 or 29 march 1944
      and was issued in Jazz Society 558 (a LP). Other title played in these dates
      was Weary Blues

      Mutt Carey, tp, Kid Ory, tb; Jimmie Noone, cl; Buster Wilson, p; Bud Scott,
      g; Ed Garland, b; Zutty Singleton, dr.

      Luis Contijoch

      I don't know much about this record on the Carousel label (2501). I don't

      know when it was recorded or where but it's a damn fine example of New

      Orleans Jazz. If anybody can clue me in that would be cool. I'm guessing

      1943 or 1944. Jimmie Noone died in April of 1944. There seems to be some

      applause at the begining of "High Society" so maybe it's from Orson Welles'

      radio show.