Re: [RedHotJazz] Recent releases on Retrieval label

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2006
      on 15/3/06 12:21, Agustín Pérez at ekebbbapg@... wrote:

      > According to Jazzmatazz (http://jazzmatazz.home.att.net/) this bunch
      > of CDs has just come out (March 14) on Retrieval label:
      >
      > Jack Hylton and his Orchestra - Hot Hylton 1926-1930 (Retrieval
      > Recordings 79024)
      > — Jack Hylton (various instruments); Billy Herbert (banjo); Johnny
      > Rosen, Harry Berly, Hugo Rignold (violin); Jack Jackson, Phillipe
      > Brun (trumpet); Leo Vauchant, Lew Davis (trombone); Clem Lawton
      > (brass, bass); liner notes by Brian Rust
      >
      > Freddie Keppard - The Complete Set, 1923-1926 (Retrieval Recordings
      > 79017)
      > — Freddie Keppard (coronet); Erskine Tate (leader, banjo); Dick Cook
      > (leader); Andrew Hilaire (vocals, drums); Papa Charlie Jackson
      > (vocals); Jerome Pasquali (tenor saxophone); Fred Garland (trombone);
      > Johnny Dodds, Angelo Fernandez, Jimmie Noone (clarinet)
      >
      > Jelly Roll Morton - 1923-1926 (Retrieval Recordings 79002)
      > — includes all 24 piano solos recorded during these years
      >
      > Luis Russell - The Luis Russell Story 1929-1934 - 2 CDs (Retrieval
      > Recordings 79023)
      >
      > The University Six - 1925-1927 - 2 CDs (Retrieval Recordings 79047)
      > — featuring Adrian Rollini, Chelsea Quealey, The Little Ramblers
      > — liner notes by Richard M. Sudhalter
      >
      > Jimmie Rodgers/Emmett Miller/Roy Evans - Blue Yodelers 1928-1936
      > (Retrieval Recordings 79020)
      > — Jimmie Rodgers (vocals, guitar); Emmett Miller, Roy Evans (vocals);
      > Eddy Lang (guitar); Jimmy Dorsey (clarinet); Louis Armstrong
      > (trumpet); Tommy Dorsey (trombone); Bob Sawyer, James P. Johnson
      > (piano)

      I'm not sure it's worth mentioning but I've had three of these for a very
      long time.

      If this indicates that Retrieval issues are going to be easier to get that
      is very good news. They are promising several new issues for 2006 in their
      advert in the current VJM but last time I tried their web site it didn't
      actually function and when I found I needed their Piron issue as a
      consequence of of a previous discussion on this group, the only stock I
      could find was in Canada!

    • Agustín Pérez
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2006
        Thanks for the clarification.

        BTW: I have the Piron Retrieval CD ("Piron´s New Orleans Orchestra"
        1923-1925), and it´s a great one!

        Best wishes,
        Agustín