RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: 78s

  • Ron L'Herault
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      Some of the Vogue picture records are valuable, although prices have dropped
      from a few years ago. Value depends on rarity, condition and who is on
      them.

      Best way to play 78s is with a mono cartridge, or with a stereo cartridge
      that has been rewired to respond only to lateral motion. Keep an eye out
      for record players at flea markets and such. If it goes round and does not
      hum loud, it is probably OK. If it hums loud or does not go around then it
      will require a bit more work to get it in shape.

      I'm in New England and have a couple of machines that would suit your needs.

      Ron L