Re: "Syncopation" soundtrack reissued?

  • heckman_michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      Syncopation is a thinly disguised life of Bix with Jackie Cooper
      holding a horn to his mouth while an invisible Bunny plays. All the
      other big names appear in an epilog that has nothing to do with the
      movie. I found a VHS copy on ebay last year.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
        on 3/3/06 20:48, ikey100 at wlmoorman3@... wrote:

        > Has the soundtrack of the 1942 film "Syncopation" ever been released
        > in any format? The movie included Goodman, Krupa, James, Venuti,
        > Connee Boswell, Alvino Rey, Jack Jenney, Charlie Barnet, and
        > supposedly, some of Bunny Berigan's last work. I can't find any
        > soundtrack or video releases listed, although it seems to have been
        > shown on Turner Classic Films (US cable TV). Critics describe the film
        > as a mediocre drama, but can anyone tell me about the music's quality,
        > or any reissues?
        > Thanks,
        > Warren

        'Falling Star' sung by Connie Boswell with accompaniment by Berigan was on
        an LP called 'Hot Jazz On Film, Vol. 2', Extreme Rarities ER1004.