"Syncopation" soundtrack reissued?

  • ikey100
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 12:48 PM
      Has the soundtrack of the 1942 film "Syncopation" ever been released
      in any format? The movie included Goodman, Krupa, James, Venuti,
      Connee Boswell, Alvino Rey, Jack Jenney, Charlie Barnet, and
      supposedly, some of Bunny Berigan's last work. I can't find any
      soundtrack or video releases listed, although it seems to have been
      shown on Turner Classic Films (US cable TV). Critics describe the film
      as a mediocre drama, but can anyone tell me about the music's quality,
      or any reissues?
      Thanks,
      Warren
    • heckman_michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 2:52 PM
        Syncopation is a thinly disguised life of Bix with Jackie Cooper
        holding a horn to his mouth while an invisible Bunny plays. All the
        other big names appear in an epilog that has nothing to do with the
        movie. I found a VHS copy on ebay last year.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 3:34 AM
          on 3/3/06 20:48, ikey100 at wlmoorman3@... wrote:

          > Has the soundtrack of the 1942 film "Syncopation" ever been released
          > in any format? The movie included Goodman, Krupa, James, Venuti,
          > Connee Boswell, Alvino Rey, Jack Jenney, Charlie Barnet, and
          > supposedly, some of Bunny Berigan's last work. I can't find any
          > soundtrack or video releases listed, although it seems to have been
          > shown on Turner Classic Films (US cable TV). Critics describe the film
          > as a mediocre drama, but can anyone tell me about the music's quality,
          > or any reissues?
          > Thanks,
          > Warren

          'Falling Star' sung by Connie Boswell with accompaniment by Berigan was on
          an LP called 'Hot Jazz On Film, Vol. 2', Extreme Rarities ER1004.