cheap Trad jazz CDs Worlds Records

  • David W. Littlefield
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2004
      Hi folks. The current Worlds Records quarterly hard-copy supplement has a
      sale of

      "ABC Vintage Jazz cds"--$7.00 each, good basic collections at a great price.
      All compiled and transfered by an Australian jazz expert, record collector
      and audio engineer, Robert Parker. These things went out of print years
      ago. 16 tracks per CD.

      Parker developed a system of stereoizing classic jazz records, had a
      regular program on public radio someplace where he played his
      stereoizations, released a bunch of compilations on BBC label. BBC stopped
      producing them, and ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company) took them over.
      Ultimately he issued more on his own label, and I haven't seen hide nor
      hair of him in years.

      You may or may not like the idea of messing with the old records, let alone
      the final product; on the other hand you might like hearing your favorite
      records in sorta-stereo. Whatever. I usually bought Parker CDs, like
      listening to them on headphones, have played some over my band PA (on which
      they sound good) during breaks.

      --Sheik