Re: Ragtime to Stridetime

  • unclehulot
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2006
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@...>
      wrote:

      > I hope you have not overlooked James Dapogny's transcriptions of the
      great Jelly Roll Morton - perhaps not as accomplished a technician as
      Waller but much more of a jazzer!

      Well, this is my first post here on this group!

      I second the recommendation for Dapgony's transcriptions! And I can
      vouch for his amazing ear and knowledge. I took a course called
      "Theory of Early Jazz" while a student at the University of Michigan,
      and rememeber his being able to sit down and play just about anything
      at the piano with amazing accuracy from the many records he introduced
      us to.