Re: availability of Collector's Classics CDs

  • Gerard J. Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
      Wouter:

      A reasonable sentiment and I appreciate your offering it. But I'll try
      for the "Collector's Classics" before settling for the
      French "Classics" (and nothing against the French!).

      Gerard

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Wouter Maréchal
      <wouter.marechal@...> wrote:

      > Gerard,
      > I fully agree and I'm aware of John R T Davies great work but I only
      thought better a Manone/Noone on the French Classic label than no
      Manone/Noone at all.

      > Cheers
      > Wouter M.
    • spacelights
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
        Eleven of the Junie Cobb tracks appeared on an LP called "Chicago In The
        20'ies" (sic) (Collector's Classics, CC 47). The sound quality is comparable to
        the CD you mention. Was this label connected to the Danish Collector's
        Classics? The LP sleeve has no production credits or country of origin.

        John

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard J. Fitzpatrick" <

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
          on 6/2/06 21:58, spacelights at spacelights@... wrote:

          > Eleven of the Junie Cobb tracks appeared on an LP called "Chicago In The
          > 20'ies" (sic) (Collector's Classics, CC 47). The sound quality is comparable
          > the CD you mention. Was this label connected to the Danish Collector's
          > Classics? The LP sleeve has no production credits or country of origin.

          From the same source, i.e. Karl Emil Knudsen, trading variously as
          Storyville Records and JazzMedia.