Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: availability of Collector's Classics CDs

  • Wouter MarĂ©chal
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
      Gerard,
      I fully agree and I'm aware of John R T Davies great work but I only thought better a Manone/Noone on the French Classic label than no Manone/Noone at all.

      Cheers
      Wouter M.

      Thanks Wouter, but Michael has put his finger on precisely the reason
      why I'm hoping to find copies of the Davies-remastered "Collector's
      Classics" CDs rather than the similar items produced by the
      French "Classics" label. I have several discs from both these
      companies for the same artists and there's no comparison in terms of
      sound quality -- Davies was simply the best.

      Gerard

    • Gerard J. Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
        Wouter:

        A reasonable sentiment and I appreciate your offering it. But I'll try
        for the "Collector's Classics" before settling for the
        French "Classics" (and nothing against the French!).

        Gerard

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Wouter Maréchal
        <wouter.marechal@...> wrote:

        > Gerard,
        > I fully agree and I'm aware of John R T Davies great work but I only
        thought better a Manone/Noone on the French Classic label than no
        Manone/Noone at all.

        > Cheers
        > Wouter M.
      • spacelights
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
          Eleven of the Junie Cobb tracks appeared on an LP called "Chicago In The
          20'ies" (sic) (Collector's Classics, CC 47). The sound quality is comparable to
          the CD you mention. Was this label connected to the Danish Collector's
          Classics? The LP sleeve has no production credits or country of origin.

          John

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard J. Fitzpatrick" <

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
            on 6/2/06 21:58, spacelights at spacelights@... wrote:

            > Eleven of the Junie Cobb tracks appeared on an LP called "Chicago In The
            > 20'ies" (sic) (Collector's Classics, CC 47). The sound quality is comparable
            > the CD you mention. Was this label connected to the Danish Collector's
            > Classics? The LP sleeve has no production credits or country of origin.

            From the same source, i.e. Karl Emil Knudsen, trading variously as
            Storyville Records and JazzMedia.