Re: The Red Hot Jazz Archive's Tenth Anniversary

  • Dennis Pereyra
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2006
      Scott,

      Let me add my congratulations on the tenth anniversary of
      the Red Hot Jazz web site. I have enjoyed the music on the site
      since I first found it on a web surfing session back in 1998. I
      thought that it was great that someone was sharing this wonderful
      music with others. While many contributors have been involved with
      this electronic encyclopedia of jazz and hot dance music, it is
      through Scott's efforts that the site is, and will continue to be,
      an outpost for the music of generations past which is as enjoyable
      and sprightly as ever, and as close as the click of a mouse.
      Therefore, I raise my glass of Cliquot Club to you, Scott, and wish
      you and the RHJA all the best for years to come!

      Dennis

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Scott Alexander <scott@...> wrote:

      > The Red Hot Jazz Archive first appeared on the Internet in
      February of
      > 1996. I'd like to thank all of you who have contributed to the
      site over
      > the years. It wouldn't have been what it is today without your
      help and
      > generosity. I'm amazed that I'm still working on the site after
      all
      > these years and I'm astounded at how large it has grown. I've
      certainly
      > had a good time learning about the history of early jazz and I
      hope you
      > have too.
      >
      > The site is a bit of a "white elephant" (see definition #1 -
      > http://www.tfd.com/white+elephant) but I hope to keep it going for
      > another ten years. We are blessed to live in a time where the
      invention
      > of the Internet has made it possible for us all to get together
      and
      > share something that we enjoy even though we are individuals
      scattered
      > around the globe. I fear we are leaving a golden era of the
      Internet's
      > history and heading for an era where corporations and governments
      will
      > seek to control everything that appears online, but until then,
      I'll do