Re: [RedHotJazz] Wilbur Sweatman - 2 Songs (You've Never Heard) Added

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004
      Hi Scott,

      You're right and what's more they're actually worth hearing - a strong throwback to an earlier era with people like Russell Smith. Like Clarence Williams' recordings of the same period they give lie to any notion of a revival - music like this was played all along. It's also interesting to hear Eddie Gibbs playing along with old-timers. Is anything known about the Henry Zeno playing drums on this session? Wasn't that the name of one of Louis Armstrong's old friends from New Orleans?

      Best wishes,

      Michael