Re: [RedHotJazz] Jelly Roll Morton Rounder Set No Longer Available

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
      Well, it is an issue if you have the LP version (the last restored by John RT Davies) and wonder if the new set is worth the investment, i.e. in terms of additional content and/or enhanced sound quality.

      I would tend to doubt that Rounder would invest in new restoration work, which *is* expensive. The only company I know that has upgraded regularly is Archeophone, or does anyone know if Timeless has redone some of the horrors which marred its otherwise good reputation a few years back?

      Best,

      Michael Rader

      Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130
    • Fredamhran@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2006
        Given the mass of pre release publicity, and the fact that no-one else has
        mentioned poor sound, I'd think it most unlikely that Rounder pulled the set
        for this reason.

        Whatever the problem was, let's hope it's back out again soon.

        Cheers,

        Fred McCormick