Archive audio dowload problems

  • Greg Graham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
      I love the archive, but have not been able to listen to any of
      the .ram files in many months. I thought perhaps it was a problem
      with a new version of RealPlayer, but I just spent an hour installing
      the latest version, checking all my settings, running the examples on
      the RealAudio pages.

      What am I doing wrong? I click on a song title and, after a minute or
      two of "Connecting..." , the song title will show up, then I get
      the "Connection to server could not be established. You may be
      experiencing network problems." error. I have a cable modem, no
      problem with other media formats (non-Real, that is).

      It's gotta be something simple, yes?

      Greg Graham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hello Greg

        I think the problem has more to do with realaudio and your own configuration
        (firewall?) than it has with the archives, maybe you could find a clue here
        http://service.real.com/realplayer/streamhelp/

        Any other ideas, if anyone experienced the same thing? I remember I used to,
        not why.

        >I love the archive, but have not been able to listen to any of
        > the .ram files in many months. I thought perhaps it was a problem
        > with a new version of RealPlayer, but I just spent an hour installing
        > the latest version, checking all my settings, running the examples on
        > the RealAudio pages.
        >
        > What am I doing wrong? I click on a song title and, after a minute or
        > two of "Connecting..." , the song title will show up, then I get
        > the "Connection to server could not be established. You may be
        > experiencing network problems." error. I have a cable modem, no
        > problem with other media formats (non-Real, that is).
        >
        > It's gotta be something simple, yes?
        >
        > Greg Graham
      • Greg Graham
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
          Patrice,

          Thanks for the link. I tried every fix on their page, and all the
          test files play properly. But I'm still getting nothing from Red
          Hot Jazz.

          Does anyone else have any ideas? What version of Real Audio are
          these recordings saved as?

          Greg

          --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2006
            > Patrice,
            >
            > Thanks for the link. I tried every fix on their page, and all the
            > test files play properly. But I'm still getting nothing from Red
            > Hot Jazz.
            >
            > Does anyone else have any ideas? What version of Real Audio are
            > these recordings saved as?

            Er... that was quite a while ago I think. Several problems depending on the
            .ra server rather than on the website were fixed in the meanwhile, please
            check Scott's latest messages and try again, if it works for me it should
            work for you - or else send privately to either.
            Realaudio is supposed to be nothing but the latest version anyway, if you
            don't have it they force you to take it.