Re: [RedHotJazz] Dudley Fosdick

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2005
      I've checked my Swaggie and CJM LPs and "Japanese Sandman" is rather doubtful as a Fosdick solo, since both Fosdick and one Bill Trone play mellophones. Despair not for Fosdick is the sole mellohone on several sessions by the Five Pennies, eg. I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Margie, Imagination and OD One-Step (1 June 1928), A Pretty Girl is Like A Melody, Who's Sorry Now?, Chinatown, My Chinatown etc.

      He also solos on tenor sax with Gene Fosdick's Hoosiers and plays mellophone solos quite frequently on the Louisiana Rhythm Kings sessions. Oh, and I haven't checked Miff Mole's Molers.

      Nur bis 31.12.: 1&1 DSL mit WEB.DE Preisvorteil! Jetzt einsteigen
      und die Vorteile sichern! http://1und1dsl.web.de/?mc=021130