Re: Commodore Music Shop

  • jaykay_4444
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2005
      -Just a bit of fine tuning. The Commodore Music Shop was located on
      East FORTY-second Street, on the ground floor of the Commodore Hotel
      building. Its owner was Milt Gabler. Jack Crystal was the store
      manager, as well as being Billy's father and Milt Gabler's brother-
      in-law. Jack also produced no-hold-barred weekend jam sessions,
      usually at Central Plaza, Second Avenue & East 6th Street.

      -- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Jastram" <mister_j@e...>