RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Fw: just a true story

  • Jeffrey Jastram
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Ditto, here!!

      Jeff.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: tommersl
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 11/4/2005 6:42:12 AM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Re: Fw: just a true story

      How much do I like to hear such stories, I don't know much about
      scopes of discussions and I'm glad I don't have to because I really
      wouldn't know how to deal with it , but I know in case Paul likes to
      share some more details about his experience with that annonymous
      musician I'd certainly be here to read. I dig such.

      tommersl

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, David Brown <johnhaleysims@y...>
      wrote:

      > Paul.
      >
      > If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your
      profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond
      syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --
      names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for
      the music and those who make it.

      > Patrice.
      >
      > You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those
      whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them.
      But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our
      ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all,
      for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his
      autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his
      letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often
      goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton &
      Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The
      Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

      > Dave

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
        From: "hvandervink" <vanderha@...>

        > Go ahead, Patrice, harrass!

        Yes, I'll do that : please don't send 45 lines of quotes followed by a
        one-line comment ;-)

        Patrice - counted them... hey, I'm only joking!!!