Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Fw: just a true story

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Paul.

      If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for the music and those who make it.

      Patrice.

      You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them. But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all, for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton & Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

    • tommersl
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
        How much do I like to hear such stories, I don't know much about
        scopes of discussions and I'm glad I don't have to because I really
        wouldn't know how to deal with it , but I know in case Paul likes to
        share some more details about his experience with that annonymous
        musician I'd certainly be here to read. I dig such.

        tommersl

        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, David Brown <johnhaleysims@y...>
        wrote:

        > Paul.
        >
        > If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your
        profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond
        syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --
        names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for
        the music and those who make it.

        > Patrice.
        >
        > You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those
        whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them.
        But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our
        ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all,
        for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his
        autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his
        letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often
        goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton &
        Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The
        Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

        > Dave

      • Jeffrey Jastram
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
          Ditto, here!!

          Jeff.

          wrote:

          > Paul.
          >
          > If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your
          profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond
          syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --
          names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for
          the music and those who make it.

          > Patrice.
          >
          > You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those
          whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them.
          But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our
          ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all,
          for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his
          autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his
          letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often
          goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton &
          Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The
          Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

          > Dave

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
            From: "hvandervink" <vanderha@...>

            > Go ahead, Patrice, harrass!

            Yes, I'll do that : please don't send 45 lines of quotes followed by a
            one-line comment ;-)

            Patrice - counted them... hey, I'm only joking!!!