Fw: just a true story

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Paul has been a group member since last August, you can find his name and
      photo on http://member.tripod.com/~oldtimepiano/
      When he sent his intro to the list, I asked him to make it a bit more
      "readable"... for some reason, he's just sent an improved version to me
      instead of the group address, but I would hate to harrass him any further -
      although his story is still a bit elliptic I think it is worth forwarding as
      is.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"
        <patrice.champarou@f...> wrote:

        > Paul has been a group member since last August, you can find his
        name and
        > photo on http://member.tripod.com/~oldtimepiano/
        > When he sent his intro to the list, I asked him to make it a bit more
        > "readable"... for some reason, he's just sent an improved version to me
        > instead of the group address, but I would hate to harrass him any
        further -
        > although his story is still a bit elliptic I think it is worth
        forwarding as
        > is.
        >
        > Patrice

        Go ahead, Patrice, harrass!
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
          Paul.

          If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for the music and those who make it.

          Patrice.

          You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them. But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all, for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton & Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

        • tommersl
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
            How much do I like to hear such stories, I don't know much about
            scopes of discussions and I'm glad I don't have to because I really
            wouldn't know how to deal with it , but I know in case Paul likes to
            share some more details about his experience with that annonymous
            musician I'd certainly be here to read. I dig such.

            tommersl

            --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, David Brown <johnhaleysims@y...>
            wrote:

            > Paul.
            >
            > If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your
            profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond
            syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --
            names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for
            the music and those who make it.

            > Patrice.
            >
            > You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those
            whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them.
            But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our
            ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all,
            for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his
            autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his
            letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often
            goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton &
            Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The
            Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

            > Dave

          • Jeffrey Jastram
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
              Ditto, here!!

              Jeff.

              wrote:

              > Paul.
              >
              > If you are still there -- I hope so -- many thanks for your
              profound and moving post. You have the rare gift of eloquence beyond
              syntax. You also --as did your unnamed friend --what is his name ? --
              names help to picture --have the gift to communicate a total love for
              the music and those who make it.

              > Patrice.
              >
              > You do a great job, man, and indeed there were, and are, those
              whose contributions are an embarrassment, this is not one of them.
              But moderation can become censorship. If any doubt better to let our
              ears judge, I don't have to read if I don't want to. Sad for us all,
              for example, that the proof readers got at Louis' own draft for his
              autobiography. Also very elliptical I'm sure. Louis also, as his
              letters testify, had the gift of eloquence beyond syntax. It often
              goes with the music , I cite also the letters of Bunk, Morton &
              Oliver. Also the autobiography of Ken Colyer 'When Dreams Are In The
              Dust' which he, typically, refused to be edited at all.

              > Dave

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
                From: "hvandervink" <vanderha@...>

                > Go ahead, Patrice, harrass!

                Yes, I'll do that : please don't send 45 lines of quotes followed by a
                one-line comment ;-)

                Patrice - counted them... hey, I'm only joking!!!