Re: Jug Bands

  • spacelights
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 1, 2005
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "tommersl" <tommersl@y...> wrote:

      > My mistake for mentioning pre war blues artists. I won't do it again.

      I guess it depends which ones... Many pre-war blues artists were also jazz
      artists--like Blind Blake, Papa Charlie Jackson, Lonnie Johnson, Bobby
      Leecan and scores of "Classic blues" women...
    • spacelights
      Message 56 of 56 , Nov 4, 2005
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...> wrote:

        > >> --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...>

        James
        > > P.
        > >> November
        >
        > Why two pianists anyway?

        It seems to have been a stunt they (Johnson and Waller) enjoyed--they used
        the same approach the previous year on another Johnson date (18 June 1928),
        and also with Dunn's Original Jazz Hounds (26 March 1928)!

        Cheers,

        John