Re: Jug Bands

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 56 , Nov 1, 2005
      My mistake for mentioning pre war blues artists. I won't do it again.

      The Dixieland Jug Blowers is probably one of my favorites.

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Patrice Champarou"
      <patrice.champarou@f...> wrote:
      > Please forget about my moderator's hat for a minute, I just wish to
      mention
      > that as basic group-member (and mostly learner) I am not tempted to
      add my
      > word to discussions that should normally belong to the pre-war-blues
      group.
    • spacelights
      Message 56 of 56 , Nov 4, 2005
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...> wrote:

        > >> --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...>

        James
        > > P.
        > >> November
        >
        > Why two pianists anyway?

        It seems to have been a stunt they (Johnson and Waller) enjoyed--they used
        the same approach the previous year on another Johnson date (18 June 1928),
        and also with Dunn's Original Jazz Hounds (26 March 1928)!

        Cheers,

        John