RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Can you identify these?

  • Viraj Talpade
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi Patrice,

      Thank you! I will make sure to post the cooler pre-swing stuff. This is an
      amazingly fun part of a Jazz History course I'm currently taking. The part
      that involves actually listening to hours and hours of music! I've also
      been reading Ted Gioia's almost definitive History of Jazz and loving every
      moment of it. I can't imagine how long it's taken me to get into this being
      a bass player for an indian classical band. Will post more songs for the
      group.

      I went to a jazz bar down in Hillcrest (San Diego) recently. It's called
      the Red Fox tavern and it's built like the original Red Fox in England.
      Some AMAZING music. They definitely played some Joplin, Earl Hines piano
      and King Oliver cornet pieces that I recognized. This is just two guys one
      on piano and one on cornet!!! Other than the couple of triple stoli on
      rocks, they totally blew my mind!!! And their steaks are pretty good too!

      Cheers and many thanks,

      Viraj