Trying to find a very odd and old song !

  • cybercafe_lerezo
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 23, 2005
      Hello,
      I'am looking for the title and artist of a very old "jazz" song.
      The song has no lyrics that's why it's so difficult to find.
      It's only made of "stomach rumbles" and old car horn (like Ford T)....
      for what can be recognizable.

      To me it's been composed before 1930 but maybe it's older to 1900.
      This song however is quite well known since it's often used in funny
      videos.

      One clue I have gathered recently : I'am quite sure that the singer
      has made a version of "The Sheik of Araby".....I tried to find it
      without success.

      Any suggestion someone ?
      In advance thanks !
    • spacelights
      Message 56 of 56 , Nov 4, 2005
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...> wrote:

        > >> --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...>

        James
        > > P.
        > >> November
        >
        > Why two pianists anyway?

        It seems to have been a stunt they (Johnson and Waller) enjoyed--they used
        the same approach the previous year on another Johnson date (18 June 1928),
        and also with Dunn's Original Jazz Hounds (26 March 1928)!

        Cheers,

        John