Re: [RedHotJazz] discography style & etc.(was WHO'S NEXT?)

  • Arthur LA hOTE
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 21, 2005
      Loved the "Quote" !!! Art LaHote

      Robert Smith <robert.smith@...> wrote:Warren,
      I don't think it was the "only" that created the ambiguity, but the "only on", thus "so & so only" is different from "so & so only on ...". I think the intention would have been clearer if the sentence had been written "only so & so on ...".
      I've just skimmed through my comprehensive Jazz Directory and I found one relevant instance. There it's written "Last title made by a trio comprising ..." in amongst the full band titles on the same session.
      So, in those immortal words of Shakespeare "You pays yo' money, and you takes yo' choice".

      Regards

      Bob Smith

      Genres of music Jazz music