Internet Archive

  • hvandervink
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 11 7:18 PM
      When checking out the Internet Archive for Soundies, as GregL pointed
      out, one should also look up Max Fleisher's animated films, especially
      the Betty Boop cartoons, and in particular: "Snow White", featuring Cab
      Calloway, and: "I'll be glad when you're Dead", with Louis Armstrong
      and his group. These are also available for free download.

      Cheers, Hans P.
    • Adriel
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11 7:38 PM
        Where would I find this archive?

        Thanks:)

        -A

        > From: "hvandervink" <vanderha@...>
        > Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:18:56 +0000
        > To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Internet Archive
        >
        > When checking out the Internet Archive for Soundies, as GregL pointed
        > out, one should also look up Max Fleisher's animated films, especially
        > the Betty Boop cartoons, and in particular: "Snow White", featuring Cab
        > Calloway, and: "I'll be glad when you're Dead", with Louis Armstrong
        > and his group. These are also available for free download.
        >
        > Cheers, Hans P.

      • hvandervink
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 11 9:17 PM
          Hi Adriel,
          The archive can be found at:www.archives.org. Once you get in, go to
          "Moving Images", and, at the search bar, type "Betty Boop". Several
          movie titles should come up for easy perusal. Good luck!
          Hans P.

          -- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Adriel <azure.music@v...> wrote:

          > Where would I find this archive?
          >
          > Thanks:)
          >
          > -A
          >
          > > From: "hvandervink" <vanderha@h...>
          > > Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:18:56 +0000
          > > To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
          > > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Internet Archive
          > >
          > > When checking out the Internet Archive for Soundies, as GregL pointed
          > > out, one should also look up Max Fleisher's animated films, especially
          > > the Betty Boop cartoons, and in particular: "Snow White",
          featuring Cab
          > > Calloway, and: "I'll be glad when you're Dead", with Louis Armstrong
          > > and his group. These are also available for free download.
          > >
          > > Cheers, Hans P.

        • Laurence Swain
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 11 9:36 PM
            > The archive can be found at:www.archives.org. Once you get in, go to
            > "Moving Images", and, at the search bar, type "Betty Boop". Several
            > movie titles should come up for easy perusal. Good luck!

            I could not find that link for "moving Images".

            Can you provide a more effective link?"

            L. Swain
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 11 10:41 PM
              This one should work:
              http://www.archive.org/details/classic_cartoons

              >> "Moving Images", and, at the search bar, type "Betty Boop". Several
              >> movie titles should come up for easy perusal. Good luck!
              >
              > I could not find that link for "moving Images".
              >
              > Can you provide a more effective link?"
              >
              > L. Swain
            • Arthur LA hOTE
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 12 7:12 AM
                Thank you, will investigate and see what is there. Bye and thanks again,
                Art

                Patrice Champarou <patrice.champarou@...> wrote:
                This one should work:
                http://www.archive.org/details/classic_cartoons

                >> "Moving Images", and, at the search bar, type "Betty Boop". Several
                >> movie titles should come up for easy perusal. Good luck!
                >
                > I could not find that link for "moving Images".
                >
                > Can you provide a more effective link?"
                >
                > L. Swain

                Genres of music Jazz music

              • promezhutok
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
                  I don't know if all of you have seen this, so I just added a link to
                  our links section. This is the URL. You can legally download all
                  kinds of older music for nothing. Lots of great jazz and blues on it.

                  Gene
                  http://www.archive.org/details/78rpm
                • levi.marco@libero.it
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
                    > Thank you for this very interesting link. Marco

                    > I don't know if all of you have seen this, so I just added a link to
                    > our links section. This is the URL. You can legally download all
                    > kinds of older music for nothing. Lots of great jazz and blues on it.
                    >
                    > Gene
                    > http://www.archive.org/details/78rpm

                  • Bob Mates
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 17, 2009
                      Yes, and not only music, but some great jazz books, including
                      SHINING TRUPETS by Rudi Blesh, MR. Jelly Roll by Alan Lomax, and
                      a lot of others! It's a cool site. Bob