Ridgetop Syncopators

  • Lluis Sala
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
      Hi everybody from Girona, Spain,

      I joined this group a few weeks ago after visiting the extraordinary Red Hot Jazz website, to learn a little bit about old jazz. My main interest is country music, though through western swing bands recently I've been leaning towards trad jazz an dixieland music.

      I'm not sure if this list is only devoted to vintage jazz bands or you also deal with present day bands that play music the old style. If that were the case, please let me recommend the Ridgetop Syncopators, from Austin, TX. You can download a few nice free mp3's for free at http://markrubin.com/ridgetop.html. Maybe it's not exactly what you're discussing here, but to me it's good music anyway.

      Talking about issues closer to the spirit of this list, I'm a big fan of Bix Beiderbecke, Eddie Lang & Joe Venuti, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington.... That's stuff I also like.

      All the best,

      Llu�s Sala
      http://members.fortunecity.com/lsala66/index.html
      http://spaces.msn.com/members/lsala66

      "All the ghosts down in New Orleans
      All the sinners in St. Paul
      Do they know how much you adore them?
      And that your heart can walk through walls?"

      Forest Sun

    • Arthur LA hOTE
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2005
        Welcome to the Club, Lluis, the music you had on the site takes me back to my boy-hood and the country or county fairs we had in Ohio every fall. It is what we used to call hill-billy, or country music, no resembelence to what is populare now in the C&W recordings.

        I still lean toward the early Jazz of the late 20's myself, but do remember this on the radio and being farmers at the time my family liked this music along with "Bluegrass" . All the best , Art

        Lluis Sala <lsala66@...> wrote:
[...]

        Lluís Sala
        http://members.fortunecity.com/lsala66/index.html
        http://spaces.msn.com/members/lsala66

        "All the ghosts down in New Orleans
        All the sinners in St. Paul
        Do they know how much you adore them?
        And that your heart can walk through walls?"

        Forest Sun

        Yahoo! Groups Links