Re: [RedHotJazz] Abe Lincoln and Jazz?

  • Arthur LA hOTE
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2005
      I have since been informed otherwise. Was a different "Abe". Art

      Arthur LA hOTE <alahote@...> wrote:Well, a calculated guess would be that he liked the Minstral Shows if they existed at the time with all their Banjos and black face comedy. I think they had parades into town when they arrived to do a show, perhaps some of the bands (music) in the parades were a form of so-called race music of the day. I do not know if the troops of either side were entertained by same. To my knowledge history does not go into this. Showboats too existed, but as to what period I do not know. Perhapss too there was some musical entertainment on the plantations (Lincoln's wife was southern). Art LaHote

      jazzguy1927 <jazzguy1927@...> wrote: What does Abraham Lincoln have to do with jazz?Does anyone have this
      book because i would sure like to know about "The Life Of Honest Abe in
      Jazzistory." Maybe the history of jazz goes back farther than we
      previously thought.Check this out---

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ABRAHAM-LINCOLN-JAZZ-INSCRIBED-
      1929_W0QQitemZ6566689368QQcategoryZ29223QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

      And if you can believe Abraham Lincoln and Jazz then how about an album
      of Andre Previn playing Fats Waller!Check this out---

      http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-ANDRE-PREVIN-PLAYS-FATS-WALLER-AINT-
      MISBEHAVIN_W0QQitemZ4776197681QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

      Genres of music Jazz music Music genres