king oliver/john r. t. davies

  • Joel Fritz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      I just got a copy of the Davies restored King Oliver Creole Jazz Band
      recordings. I take back everything I've said about Davies. This is
      marvelous. I've heard at least three different reissues of this music,
      and Davies managed to turn horrible sounding acoustic recordings into a
      good approximation of mint condition electric recordings. The really
      good thing is that I'm hearing things I never heard before. The bad
      thing is that there are too many of them. <g>

      I've criticised Davies for going too far in some other cases, but this
      is, IMHO, just perfect.

      --
      Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

      http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

      Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

      http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell