Re: [RedHotJazz] RHJ Archive, Bands and Music

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
      Leif,
      I'll look into these problems. I seem to have over written some files.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com

      Leif R. Blom wrote:

      >As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
      >Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
      >Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
      >Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
      >Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
      >Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
      >Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
      >Which is wrong and which is right ?
      >Is it still possible to make a correction ?

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Scott Alexander
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
        The problems with these songs have been corrected.

        Scott Alexander
        The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        www.redhotjazz.com

        Leif R. Blom wrote:

        >As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
        >Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
        >Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
        >Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
        >Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
        >Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
        >Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
        >Which is wrong and which is right ?
        >Is it still possible to make a correction ?

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Leif R. Blom
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
          I think we all appreciate that it´s possible to have corrections made.
          The Blue Grass Blues seems to be allright now.
          But I´m suspicious of the Hot Lips-recordings.
          Listening to the two new recordings at Bill Brown I can´t believe that any orchestra was able to make a recording (five years later) sounding almost identical with the O.Synco Jazz Band Hot Lips.
          (If that one is correct; I don´t have the original recording).
          There is little difference in speed and reverberation, but to me it sounds like three recordings by the same orchestra.
          But I may be wrong, I have only got my ears.
          Perhaps someone else in the group has an answer to this.

          The problem with Friar´s Point Shuffle got into a new problem.
          Listening to the Jungle Kings recording you now get Jazz me Blues (!)
          Another take than the Frank Teschemacher´s Chicagoans on UHCA 61.(?)

          We´ll meet our problems with enthusiasm !

          yarel 41

          Leif R. Blom wrote:

          >As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
          >Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
          >Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
          >Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
          >Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
          >Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
          >Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
          >Which is wrong and which is right ?
          >Is it still possible to make a correction ?

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Jazz music Genres of music Music genres