RHJ Archive, Bands and Music

  • Leif R. Blom
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
      As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
      Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
      Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
      Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
      Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
      Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
      Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
      Which is wrong and which is right ?
      Is it still possible to make a correction ?

    • Scott Alexander
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
        Leif,
        I'll look into these problems. I seem to have over written some files.

        Scott Alexander
        The Red Hot Jazz Archive
        www.redhotjazz.com

        Leif R. Blom wrote:

        >As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
        >Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
        >Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
        >Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
        >Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
        >Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
        >Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
        >Which is wrong and which is right ?
        >Is it still possible to make a correction ?

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Scott Alexander
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
          The problems with these songs have been corrected.

          Scott Alexander
          The Red Hot Jazz Archive
          www.redhotjazz.com

          Leif R. Blom wrote:

          >As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
          >Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
          >Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
          >Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
          >Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
          >Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
          >Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
          >Which is wrong and which is right ?
          >Is it still possible to make a correction ?

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Leif R. Blom
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
            I think we all appreciate that it´s possible to have corrections made.
            The Blue Grass Blues seems to be allright now.
            But I´m suspicious of the Hot Lips-recordings.
            Listening to the two new recordings at Bill Brown I can´t believe that any orchestra was able to make a recording (five years later) sounding almost identical with the O.Synco Jazz Band Hot Lips.
            (If that one is correct; I don´t have the original recording).
            There is little difference in speed and reverberation, but to me it sounds like three recordings by the same orchestra.
            But I may be wrong, I have only got my ears.
            Perhaps someone else in the group has an answer to this.

            The problem with Friar´s Point Shuffle got into a new problem.
            Listening to the Jungle Kings recording you now get Jazz me Blues (!)
            Another take than the Frank Teschemacher´s Chicagoans on UHCA 61.(?)

            We´ll meet our problems with enthusiasm !

            yarel 41

            Leif R. Blom wrote:

            >As I wrote earlier, I have got some problems with the Archive.
            >Well, I have been working with archives myself, so I know there will be some slips now and then. My questions:
            >Bill Brown and his Brownies recording Hot Lips is the same file as
            >Synco Jazz Band, Hot Lips.
            >Original Memphis Melody Boys recording Blue Grass Blues is the same file as Al Siegel´s Orch. Blue Grass Blues.
            >Chicago Rhythm Kings recording Friar´s Point Shuffle is the same file as
            >Jungle Kings Friar´s Point Shuffle.
            >Which is wrong and which is right ?
            >Is it still possible to make a correction ?

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Jazz music Genres of music Music genres