Re: [RedHotJazz] "Choo Choo"--Blu-Disc T1002

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      on 2/10/05 22:40, spacelights at spacelights@... wrote:

      > I'd like to confirm if the additional "(Gotta Hurry Home)" appears as part of
      > this
      > title on the original label of Blu-Disc T1002-A by the Washingtonians.

      This is not an answer but I can confirm from an illustration in the March
      1949 Record Changer that it is not on the label of the dubbed-reissue, Blue
      Disc 5001 [Blue is sic], so the sub-title must come either from the original
      Blu-Disc (or conceivably from the Pennington).

      The sub-title is not noted in Delaunay or in Jazz Directory or in Benny
      Aaslund's The Wax Works of Duke Ellington, so it is not copied from any of
      the obvious sources. (The record is not in Blackstone's Index)

      If it proves not to come from the Blu-Disc it will be a bit of a mystery!