"Choo Choo"--Blu-Disc T1002

  • spacelights
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      I'd like to confirm if the additional "(Gotta Hurry Home)" appears as part of this
      title on the original label of Blu-Disc T1002-A by the Washingtonians.

      Regarding Blu-Disc T1003, a reproduction of the original label differs from
      Rust's listing in certain respects--

      Blu-Disc T1003-A label reads:

      SUNNY AND THE D C'NS
      OH HOW I LOVE MY DARLING

      Rust lists:

      SUNNY AND THE D'C'NS
      Oh! How I Love My Darling

      Blu-Disc T1003-B label reads:

      JO. TRENT AND THE D C'NS

      Rust lists:

      JO TRENT AND THE D'C'NS
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
        on 2/10/05 22:40, spacelights at spacelights@... wrote:

        > I'd like to confirm if the additional "(Gotta Hurry Home)" appears as part of
        > this
        > title on the original label of Blu-Disc T1002-A by the Washingtonians.

        This is not an answer but I can confirm from an illustration in the March
        1949 Record Changer that it is not on the label of the dubbed-reissue, Blue
        Disc 5001 [Blue is sic], so the sub-title must come either from the original
        Blu-Disc (or conceivably from the Pennington).

        The sub-title is not noted in Delaunay or in Jazz Directory or in Benny
        Aaslund's The Wax Works of Duke Ellington, so it is not copied from any of
        the obvious sources. (The record is not in Blackstone's Index)

        If it proves not to come from the Blu-Disc it will be a bit of a mystery!