My interview of Paul Mertz

  • jazzguy1927
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Of probable interest to the group is a tape recorded interview i
      conducted with Paul Mertz, pianist with the Jean Goldkette and Fred
      Waring Orchestras,at his home on March 18,1984.
      You can listen to the interview at this site:On this page
      entitled "Bix's Fellow Musicians" scroll about 1/4 down the page and
      you will see a heading in dark black type "Interview of Paul Mertz by
      Tim Fitak" Then just click on the blue lettering "Part 1" or "Part 2"
      to listen to my interview of Paul

      http://ms.cc.sunysb.edu/%7Ealhaim/bix%27sfellowmusicians.htm#Paul%
      20Mertz

      I knew Paul Mertz back to the early 1970's when i was assisting a staff
      writer who was doing an article on him for the Los Angeles Times.We
      interviewed him for the article which was eventually published in the
      Los Angeles Times on April 23, 1972 and entitled "Pianist With Bix
      Reminisces About Legendary Cornetist."