Re: [RedHotJazz] I notice there are film exerpts on the FatsCentenial cd& DVD- Which films?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      > It would possibly be easier to answer this question if you gave us the
      > label
      > and issue number of the CD.

      According to the description, it's RCA Bluebird 2CD 82876599522

      I couldn't find much information about the content of the DVD, juste a
      couple of reviews which roughly say the same thing, for example :

      "As a bonus, there's a DVD featuring Waller soundies, an artsy animated
      short based on "Your Feets Too Big," and a tantalizing clip from King of
      Burlesque in which he performs "I've Got My Fingers Crossed" and then
      accompanies the 16-year-old tap dancer Dixie Dunbar-an eroticized Shirley
      Temple who later supplied the legs for a dancing pack of Old Gold
      cigarettes in an unintentionally surreal 1950s television commercial."

      Patrice
    • jazzguy1927
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
        <"As a bonus, there's a DVD featuring Waller soundies, an artsy
        animated
        short based on "Your Feets Too Big," and a tantalizing clip from King
        of
        Burlesque in which he performs "I've Got My Fingers Crossed" and then
        accompanies the 16-year-old tap dancer Dixie Dunbar-an eroticized
        Shirley
        Temple who later supplied the legs for a dancing pack of Old Gold
        cigarettes in an unintentionally surreal 1950s television commercial."
        Patrice>

        I thank you very much for this information that the DVD actually does
        contain footage from the Fats Waller film "King Of Burlesque" as this
        will require me purchasing the set as it contains an exerpt of the
        material i have been seeking.
        Thanks also to Howard Rye for providing information on a European video
        release of the film but i unfortunately don't have a means to play
        SECAM material.
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
          Explaining for the 4th time in three months : keep the subject line when
          you're replying, *Mr* Fitak ;-))))

          P.