Selvin record wanted

  • mattppoh
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2005
      Would anyone happen to know where I could find a recording of Ben
      Selvin's version of "Afghanistan" either on tape or as an Mp3? He
      recorded the song for Okeh 4087 and Paramonut 20007.
      Please Respond off list

      Thanks,
      Matt
    • Arthur LA hOTE
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2005
        Hi, Matt, know little about tape but get a lot of my good music through Living Era usually by the year - for instance "Hits of '22", etc. You can reach them at Sanctuary Classics, P.O. Box 32698, London W14 OWY or www.sanctuaryclassics.com and request a catalogue.
        Hope this helps. I have several by him on C/D but not the one your after, this is a good sorce though. Lots of luck in your search, Art LaHote

        mattppoh <mattppoh@...> wrote:
        Would anyone happen to know where I could find a recording of Ben
        Selvin's version of "Afghanistan" either on tape or as an Mp3? He
        recorded the song for Okeh 4087 and Paramonut 20007.
        Please Respond off list

        Thanks,
        Matt

        Jazz music Genres of music Music genres

        ---------------------------------

      • Matthew McLaughlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2005
          Dear Arthur,

          Thanks for the response. I enjoy the Living Era
          series as well. I have the Hits of '20, '21, '22, and
          '23. Archeophone is also excellent. In all, I have 3
          CDs all covering 1920. Unfortunately, I don't think
          "Afghanistan" would be considered a big enough hit to
          be included as a major "hit". But I'll keep trying.
          Thanks again for your response.

          Best Wishes,
          Matt

          --- Arthur LA hOTE <alahote@...> wrote:

          > Hi, Matt, know little about tape but get a lot of my
          > good music through Living Era usually by the year -
          > for instance "Hits of '22", etc. You can reach
          > them at Sanctuary Classics, P.O. Box 32698, London
          > W14 OWY or www.sanctuaryclassics.com and request
          > a catalogue.
          > Hope this helps. I have several by him on C/D but
          > not the one your after, this is a good sorce though.
          > Lots of luck in your search, Art LaHote
          >
          > mattppoh <mattppoh@...> wrote:
          > Would anyone happen to know where I could find a
          > recording of Ben
          > Selvin's version of "Afghanistan" either on tape or
          > as an Mp3? He
          > recorded the song for Okeh 4087 and Paramonut 20007.
          > Please Respond off list
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Matt

          > Jazz music Genres of music Music genres

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          > removed]

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • David W. Littlefield
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2005
            The first place to look for old music on CD is Worlds Records, a very
            reliable CD dealer that specializes, in part, in reissue labels. Their
            database is excellant and you can look up individual tunes. They have hard
            copy catalogs, and separate listings of new releases.

            http://worldsrecords.com

            I have no financial connection to them, just a satisfied customer.

            --Sheik