Re: [RedHotJazz] The Hep Cats

  • Leif R. Blom
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2005
      Robert Smith <robert.smith@...> wrote:
      Actually they were called 'Hep Cats Creole Jazz Band'. This was a Swedish group with personnel as follows:
      Jack Lindström (cor); Erik Fernbald (tbn); Stig Eriksson (clt); Gösta Stenström (p);Eddie Andersson (bs); Sture Kallin (d).
      Stockholm, January 26, 1949
      1450 Muskrat Ramble Cupol 4180
      1451 Eh, La-Bas -------

      Cupol is a Swedish label,and I'm afraid I don't know if any tracks by this band have ever been re-issued.

      I hope this is of some help.

      Cheers

      Bob Smith

      Well I was a bit concerned about this Hep Cats Creole Jazz Band. I had never heard about it.

      Trumpeter and singer Jack Lidström (!) was and is still so close connected with the Hep Cats.

      I had to see the Swedish Jazz Discografi.

      Hep Cats CJB was a band with almost the same personnel as Hep Cats, but not Jack Lidström.

      Recorded in Helsinki sept-48: Ballin´ the Jack on Sävel S 9002. Nils Nääs was on cornet.

      Two of the Hep Cats numbers : Weary Blues (april -49) and Riverboat Shuffle (sept -54) are now on CD-boxes in the series of The Swedish Jazz History, vol. 6&7.

      Jack Lidström began playing at school-dances already 1946 (born -31) as an orchesterleader and is still going strong 59 years later.

      Hep Cats are going to play in the Cathedral of Lund in november but I don´t think Jack is going to sing Eh La-bas that time.

      Genres of music Jazz music Music genres