Re: [RedHotJazz] requested presentation

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2005
      And I thought I was the only one who had read all the posts. Anyhow, must have something to do with being born in Falun, Sweden.

      "Leif R. Blom" <yarel41@...> wrote:Hi all,
      born in Stockholm, Sweden. Almost retreated.Joined a (church) boys choir at age of eight, 1949 and had to play the violin and learn notes and harmony. Mom played some instruments, dad only the grammophone. We had an awful piece looking like an old freezer. Dad bought all sorts of records, but I was especially fond of the Ellington-Lunceford "jungle"-style and the Goodman 4 and 6. Went to High School and got friends listening to and even playing older music - Morton and Armstong 5 and 7. And that was my music too - and is still.
      We had a lot of "dixieland" school bands at that time and even I tried to play the clarinet for some years. But I was more interested in sports and girls and was not in any progress. Anyhow I went to jazzclubs, bought records and was a "dixie" throughout the fifties. I´m no collector, to-day I´ve only got CDs. Mostly classic (1700-1800) and old Jazz (1920-30). And I go to the Operahouses. I do still live in the city of Stockholm.
      I have now for some years been reading and listening to the RHJA with great pleasure. And this Yahoo-group was emerging when I was looking at something at the Google some weeks ago. It seemed interesting to me, I´m no expert but I can read and listen.
      My very first message, when I had joined the group, was a request about Thelma Terry, and by a mere chance I had been looking for her at Google just an hour before, so I thought I had to answer something.
      Listening to her and her Playboys I think it´s the band that accompanies her and not v.v. Not bad but somewhat strange.
      The reason why this presentation is a little late is that I´ve spent some time reading all the earlier (1500) messages.
      Well, I have a correction to make and some questions about the RHJA, but I´ll have to do that in another mail; this seems to be too much.....
      I don´t want to be excluded at once.
      regards

      Jazz music Genres of music Music genres