Missing NO Musicians

  • Fredamhran@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2005
      Hi folks,

      I've just borrowed the following from
      _http://www.btinternet.com/~jazzworld/tradjazz.htm_ (http://www.btinternet.com/~jazzworld/tradjazz.htm) , an
      amazingly useful jazz site, based in NW England. No word on George Buck
      unfortunately. I'll see if I can find out more.

      "Pete Lay tells me, "N.O. musicians Les Muscatt and Chris Burke are
      currently touring the U.K. Les is concerned about his property, but as he is near the
      Quarter it might be okay unless it has been looted". Pete Vickers tells me,
      "Just had it on the grapevine that Barry Martyn moved out to Chris Burke's
      place in good time and is now heading for Tallahassee and that Michael White is
      OK. I'll let you know any more information as I get it. Cheers Pete"

      Cheers,

      Fred McCormick.

      RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com writes:

      While we rejoice over the safety of Fats and the other great performers,
      has
      anyone heard anything from the guys at Jazzology.com, George Buck and Barry
      Martyn? Their office was there in the French Quarter, has anyone heard
      anything about them?