Re: Waller and/or Johnson...?

  • spacelights
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3 12:54 PM
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Smith" <robert.smith@m...>
      wrote:
      > Hello Spacelights
      >
      > The "Storyville Team" list seven records that Fats Waller made in 1925
      accompanying Alberta Hunter, Anna Jones, and Hazel Meyers, but the Perry
      Bradford Jazz Phools' tracks with Louis Armstrong are not mentioned.

      Hi Bob,

      Thanks for the input; my sources (including Laurie and the "Team") list these
      dates:

      acc. Alberta Hunter c. July 1923
      acc. Anna Jones c. July 1923
      acc. Hazel Meyers 5 August 1924

      After the Hazel Meyers date, Fats seems to have made no records for a year
      and a half. Part of the confusion regarding the Bradford personnel on 2
      November, 1925 might come from the rejected October session you
      mentioned, which featured the same two songs. Also, Armstrong really
      dominates the November date; it was to be his last in New York for a while, and
      I guess he knew it (he was back in Chicago, recording, a week later)...

      John