Call to Jazz musicians in New England (or in your backyard) for New Orleans

  • Adriel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Sorry if this is too spammy but, I think it needs to be posted. If you can
      help, know people who can help,etc or would just like to make a donation to
      the RED CROSS http://www.redcross.org

      I'm doing it locally but, do it everywhere.

      =======
      Call to Jazz musicians in New England for New Orleans

      Hi Everyone,

      I am in the process of putting together a benefit for New Orleans, i.e.
      Hurricane relief.

      This is very much just getting off the ground but, I am sending out e-mails
      to my fellow musicians and also working on getting some organizers together.

      So here's the deal; I would like to hear from musicians in the jazz,
      Dixieland swing, gypsy jazz, zydeco or anything New Orleans centric really
      who would be interested in coming to MA/RI to help with a benefit by
      donating their performances.

      I believe there is a potential to create multiple evenings in multiple
      locations.

      As I said this is very much in the beginning works but, securing locations
      would be easier if I already have a list of people willing to play.
      Additionally, if you know of any possible sponsors please have them contact
      me.

      I think that as musicians in general but, especially jazz musicians we
      absolutely owe this to New Orleans, it's culture, history, music and
      inhabitants.

      Please e-mail me at your convenience. Thanks!

      Please say a prayer (any denomination or just a good thought) for the
      survivors and the lost.

      All the best,

      -Adriel

      Send e-mails here: