Re: New Orleans/French Quarter

  • ohmrjelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      Not being in the USA I didn't want to get involved in this debate
      because I would not know as much as those living there. However, on
      the morning news after the hurricane there was a report on BBC
      television which expressly said that the French Quarter was
      unaffected. The reporter was on Canal Street which was obviously NOT
      under water but badly buffeted.

      So this underlines what Chris has said. However, it is still a
      disaster of unimaginable proportions even if historic regions have
      been spared.

      Hugh

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tyle" <silverleafjb@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Just wanted to let everyone know that from all accounts I have read
      > from New Orleans news sources (WWL TV, nola. com), the French
      Quarter