Re: THE DEATH OF NEW ORLEANS

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      > Many jazzmen taught us to learn from different cultures; just look
      where good
      > old New Orleans boys Satchmo and Sidney Bechet travelled. Simply with
      > their instruments and their syncopated music, they became heroes for
      > everyone in the world.
      >
      > Nicola

      Well said that.
      The sad thing about it, is that New Orleans today is like the 3rd
      world. And so are several areas in the south US.
      The infrastructure is 90% of what makes the difference. And the things
      that happens in the 3rd world happens there as well. This is an
      opportunity for US to do something for it's own citizens. No country
      in the world offered help to America in this situation as of yet. All
      the generousity of America and still thats what they get for it. Thats
      a shame because some humanitary attitude could be shown.
      Poor New Orleans. Farewell. Now I'm going to listen to some New
      Orleans 1920's Jazz.
      I'm thankful to this excellent group that I feel now is even more
      important, as we really know and dig a lot of the New Orleans culture
      and tradition.