Re: THE DEATH OF NEW ORLEANS

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      > I agree to what Ed says.

      So do I, but I don't agree with posting the forwarded message a second time.
      And I don't agree with repeating a politically oriented comment which is by
      no means an element in any topic-related discussion.

      Patrice
    • tommersl
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        > Many jazzmen taught us to learn from different cultures; just look
        where good
        > old New Orleans boys Satchmo and Sidney Bechet travelled. Simply with
        > their instruments and their syncopated music, they became heroes for
        > everyone in the world.
        >
        > Nicola

        Well said that.
        The sad thing about it, is that New Orleans today is like the 3rd
        world. And so are several areas in the south US.
        The infrastructure is 90% of what makes the difference. And the things
        that happens in the 3rd world happens there as well. This is an
        opportunity for US to do something for it's own citizens. No country
        in the world offered help to America in this situation as of yet. All
        the generousity of America and still thats what they get for it. Thats
        a shame because some humanitary attitude could be shown.
        Poor New Orleans. Farewell. Now I'm going to listen to some New
        Orleans 1920's Jazz.
        I'm thankful to this excellent group that I feel now is even more
        important, as we really know and dig a lot of the New Orleans culture
        and tradition.