Re: [RedHotJazz] Be careful for Bush 1984 type thought police

  • Scott Alexander
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2005
      This is all getting pretty off topic, but I'd advise my fellow
      American's to stand up to these bullies and speak the truth as you see
      it, but as Louis Armstrong said, "If ya ain't got it in ya, ya can't
      blow it out".

      BUT this is a jazz discussion group as we should respect that people who
      subscribe to this list want to talk about old jazz and not politics.
      Sometimes politics will affect our beloved jazz and I think that
      Andrew's post was acceptable because government policies and decisions
      about what to spend our tax dollars on may have contributed to the
      flooding of the birthplace of jazz. See
      http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001051313
      for more on this issue.

      Okay, back to the beloved jazz. Here's Sippie Wallace singing about the
      Mississippi River flood of 1927:
      Flood Water Blues
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/songs/wallace/theflood.ram

      Amazing song, huh? It sounds like it could have been written today.

      Peace,
      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com