Re: [RedHotJazz] Legal situation about using transfers

  • Gianni The Best
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
      ciao michael
      very thanks for your help.
      i would like to know if you have some books about
      connections between jazz and law.
      i have some. do you think there is a friend/collector
      of yours that can help me?
      what about you?
      ciao from italy
      gianni

      --- Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...> ha scritto:

      > Gianni,
      > It's:
      > http://www.vingar.se/country/CMS-2004-03.htm
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Michael
      >
      > RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 05.10.04
      > 00:41:01:
      > >

      > > HI MICHAEL,
      > > I AM AN ITALIAN JAZZ FAN.
      > > I HAVE JUST READ YOUR INTERESTING EMAIL
      > > YOU WROTE THAT "There is a complete article on the
      > web
      > > about the Bear Family/JSP court case".
      > > PLEASE, CAN YOU TELL ME THE URL OF THIS IMPORTANT
      > > DECISION?
      > > I HAVE SURFED THE NET A LOT BUT I WASN'T ABLE TO
      > FIND
      > > THE CASE.
      > > VERY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
      > > KEEP SWINGIN'
      > > GIANNI

      > WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten
      > Bildern
      > Informationen unter:
      > http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199

      > --------------------~-->
      > Toolbar.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IyJolB/TM

      Scopri Mister Yahoo! - il fantatorneo sul calcio di Yahoo! Sport
      http://it.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
        Hi Gianni,

        I'm afraid I don't have any books on this subject, but this is a topic which is being discussed a lot, most recently in connection with digital rights management. The situation varies a great deal from one country to the next: in Europe, the copyright period is 50 years, in the US 75 years or even longer. There's an exercise on the web called "Project Gramophone" which has a review of the situation regarding the US and maybe for other countries as well: www.projectgramohone.org

        Cheers,
        Michael