Re: [RedHotJazz] Legal situation about using transfers

  • Gianni The Best
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
      HI MICHAEL,
      I AM AN ITALIAN JAZZ FAN.
      I HAVE JUST READ YOUR INTERESTING EMAIL
      YOU WROTE THAT "There is a complete article on the web
      about the Bear Family/JSP court case".
      PLEASE, CAN YOU TELL ME THE URL OF THIS IMPORTANT
      DECISION?
      I HAVE SURFED THE NET A LOT BUT I WASN'T ABLE TO FIND
      THE CASE.
      VERY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
      KEEP SWINGIN'
      GIANNI

      ___________________________________
      Scopri Mister Yahoo! - il fantatorneo sul calcio di Yahoo! Sport
      http://it.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
        Gianni,
        It's:
        http://www.vingar.se/country/CMS-2004-03.htm

        Best wishes,
        Michael

        > HI MICHAEL,
        > I AM AN ITALIAN JAZZ FAN.
        > I HAVE JUST READ YOUR INTERESTING EMAIL
        > YOU WROTE THAT "There is a complete article on the web
        > about the Bear Family/JSP court case".
        > PLEASE, CAN YOU TELL ME THE URL OF THIS IMPORTANT
        > DECISION?
        > I HAVE SURFED THE NET A LOT BUT I WASN'T ABLE TO FIND
        > THE CASE.
        > VERY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
        > KEEP SWINGIN'
        > GIANNI

        WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
        Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199
      • Gianni The Best
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
          ciao michael
          very thanks for your help.
          i would like to know if you have some books about
          connections between jazz and law.
          i have some. do you think there is a friend/collector
          of yours that can help me?
          what about you?
          ciao from italy
          gianni

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IyJolB/TM

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
            Hi Gianni,

            I'm afraid I don't have any books on this subject, but this is a topic which is being discussed a lot, most recently in connection with digital rights management. The situation varies a great deal from one country to the next: in Europe, the copyright period is 50 years, in the US 75 years or even longer. There's an exercise on the web called "Project Gramophone" which has a review of the situation regarding the US and maybe for other countries as well: www.projectgramohone.org

            Cheers,
            Michael