Love for Sale

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2005
      The Three Waring Girls I mentioned in an earlier mail were a vocal harmony group singing with Waring's Pennsylvanians. The recording of "Love for Sale" is from 1930, which would make it the earliest vocal recording of the number. Waring's Orchestra was in fact part of the original cast of the "New Yorkers". The vocal trio is referred to in the booklet as "The Three Girl Friends". Not quite hot jazz, so slightly off-topic.
      Cheers, Michael